Warden Head Lighthouse

Warden Head Lighthouse, near its 150th anniversary, is a prime location for watching sea life, especially whales in spring. Originally built in 1873 and moved to Warden Head in 1879, it's one of the rare lighthouses in New South Wales made from wrought iron plates. The lighthouse switched from oil to acetylene gas in 1920 for automatic lighting, then to electricity in 1964, and is now battery-powered. Although the lighthouse itself isn't open to visitors, the surrounding area is accessible all year, thanks to a road and car park developed by the Ulladulla Council in the 1940s to attract tourists.