By law and under the mandatory Code of Conduct for the Short-term Rental Accommodation Industry, owners of a holiday rental property must have appropriate insurance in place.

The code of conduct mandates insurance for injury or death at your property but we suggest a policy that covers all of the following:

  • building and contents
  • public liability of $20m
  • accidental damage
  • malicious damage
  • loss of rental income

Please be sure also that your policy specifically covers holiday rentals, and that it is not limited to permanent rentals only.  This is an extremely important point to check with your insurer or broker.

The Holidays Collection can recommend the following insurers as a starting point for finding a suitable policy:

Terri Scheer (for a total package of building & contents + holiday rental cover) –
CorpSure Insurance Broking (for holiday rental cover that sits on top of an existing building & contents policy which you wish to retain) – Aimee Cunningham –