We hope you will have a very enjoyable holiday. We have created these troubleshooting tips to help you quickly resolve any minor issues that you might encounter during your stay.
OVEN NOT WORKING
- Check to see if the property has master / wall switch?
- Check if the clock is set to a time and is not flashing. Many ovens do not work if clock time is not set
- Make sure that the oven door is closed properly
- If the above steps do not help, locate the fuse box and ensure oven switch is on. You can also try a reset of the fuse switch for the oven
FRIDGE NOT WORKING
- Overstacking the fridge will cause the cooling to be ineffective
- Please ensure that there are no obstructions to the vents
- Please ensure that the door is not obstructed and is closed properly
CEILING FANS / BLINDS / CURTAINS
- If no cords are visible on the sides of the blinds or curtains, the blinds / curtains will be electric
- Locate the remote, which will be nearby and ensure the switch is turned on
- The dishwasher filters are cleaned regularly by our maintenance team
- If the dishwasher is not working, please check the filter and clear of any debris
- It is very important to rinse plates, dishes, cutlery and glasses before putting them in the dishwasher
HOT WATER FAILS
- If the hot water system is electrical and you have previously had hot water, it is likely the hot water reserve has been used. Please wait for the hot water system to generate hot water again
- This may require waiting overnight if the hot water is ‘off-peak’. You can tell if the system is off-peak by looking at the fuse box and if there is two meters, it is likely to be off-peak hot water. If there is only one meter, there may be a problem with the hot water system
- If there is not hot water after this waiting period, locate the fuse box and ensure the switch is on. A reset of the fuse switch may also help
- If the property has a gas hot water system, locate the chest high gas bottles and perform a change over. Mounted on the wall between the two bottles, you will find a directional valve. The arrow direction will indicate the bottle currently in use and possibly empty. Close the empty gas bottle by turning the green valve clockwise. Now turn the directional valve to the other / full bottle. Open the second bottle by turning its green valve anti-clockwise. Please then let our office know that you needed to change over a gas bottle, so that we can order a new one – thanks!
- Locate fuse box and ensure switches are on.
- Reset circuit breakers by flicking them off and on again.
- Ensure the circuit breakers are not being overloaded by running too many appliances at the same time – especially heat generating appliances such as kettles, toasters, oil heaters etc
WEAK OR NO TV RECEPTION
- TV reception can be scrambled by weather conditions and should return to normal when the atmospheric conditions change. Jervis Bay and Hyams Beach can be especially vulnerable to this
- If there is an antenna booster, please make sure it is plugged in
- Check that TV is on the correct input source.
KEY LOCK BOX HARD TO OPEN OR CLOSE
- When returning property keys to a key lock box, please ensure that the keys are not obstructing the door or the mechanism
- When using a key lock box with spinning numbers, ensure they are all lined up in the centre
- With a key lock box with push in numbers, please note you will have to re enter the code to be able to close the box
GAS TO BBQ NOT FLOWING
- Bottle : Please check that the gas valve is open by turning the handle at the top of the bottle
- Mains: Please make sure the valve is open
EMPTY BBQ GAS BOTTLE
- If you run out of gas for the BBQ, please feel free to contact the after hours number for a replacement bottle
- Alternatively if you get one on your own via a “swap n go” service, we will reimburse you if you send us a copy of the receipt
INTERNET & WIFI ISSUES
- The Wifi password will be in your pre-arrival email or alternatively on the back of the modem
- Please do not press the reset button on the modem
- Many internet signal problems can be fixed by turning the modem off, waiting 10 seconds, then turning it back on. You can turn the modem off by the switch on the modem (if you can locate it) or by the wall socket switch, or by removing the power cable
- Switch back on and give modem up to 10 minutes to reboot
- We cannot and do not guarantee WiFi at any property, nor do we pay any compensation for interruption of service