Werri Beach stretches for 1.5km and offers a different kind of coastal experience. Here's the lowdown:
- Open sandy beach with consistent surf breaks at both ends, making it a magnet for experienced and beginner surfers alike.
- Protected southern end with rock pools, perfect for swimming and exploring for families with young children.
- Calmer northern end with a lagoon, ideal for paddling, splashing, and building sandcastles.
- Scenic backdrop of sandstone cliffs and lush greenery.
- Surfing is the main draw, with lessons and board rentals available nearby.
- Swimming, sunbathing, bodyboarding, and rock fishing are also popular.
- The Werri Beach to Kiama Coast Walk offers stunning coastal views for those who want to stretch their legs.
- Werri Beach Holiday Park is located right on the beach, offering cabins, camping sites, and caravan parks.
- Public toilets, BBQ facilities, and a playground are available near the beach entrance.
- Nearby Gerringong township has cafes, restaurants, and shops for post-beach essentials.